Mimi Marlina aka CryptoMimi is a crypto influencer from Singapore, who has made a name for herself in the crypto space. She is an advocate for the use of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. Mimi is active on social media, promoting the use of cryptocurrency, while also providing educational content to her followers. She is passionate about the potential of blockchain technology and is committed to helping people understand it better. Her goal is to create a more educated and informed community.
Q/A with Crypto Mimi
The 5minutecoins team got a golden opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with her regarding the crypto space.
Could you tell us a little bit about your experience in the crypto field? What led you to start working in this area, and what are your long-term objectives? Please also describe any ongoing initiatives or plans you may have.
My experience in the crypto field began in 2017 when I first discovered the world of cryptocurrencies and began buying altcoins on Coinbase. However, I quickly realized that I didn’t fully understand what I was doing and needed guidance. In late 2018, I met a mentor who helped me organize my understanding of the crypto space, and I began to fully immerse myself in the industry.
During my time running a marketing agency from 2018-2020, I channeled most of the money I earned into my crypto portfolio investment, and was able to see significant returns from my investments. One of my biggest successes was buying Chainlink at $0.70 and watching it soar to $27.
With the rise of TikTok in late 2019, I saw an opportunity to market my expertise in crypto content and began coaching others on how to navigate the industry. My efforts paid off and I was able to generate 8-figure results from my portfolio. I then took my experience and created an academy to help others understand and invest in crypto.
Her long-term objective:
My long-term objectives include bridging the knowledge gap between those who are familiar with crypto and those who are not, and explaining crypto in an entertaining and accessible way. The target audience is individuals who are interested in crypto, and believe in its potential but are lost and don’t know where to start. My goal is to make this my full-time job and use the extra money to further develop and expand the academy, starting with Malaysia and eventually other parts of Southeast Asia, and globally. I also plan to speak at events and write a book about crypto to continue to share my knowledge and experience with a wider audience.
Crypto Advice from Mimi
What advice would you give to someone who is new to the world of cryptocurrency? They often get confused about where to start and which platforms to trust. So, do you have any suggestions for them?
Start by educating yourself. Before investing any money, it’s important to understand the basics of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. There are many resources available online, such as articles, videos, and educational courses. That can help you learn about the different types of cryptocurrencies. How they work, and the potential risks and rewards of investing in them.
They can put their interest in my mentorship program here:
- Be cautious of scams: The cryptocurrency market is still relatively unregulated. And there are many scammers looking to take advantage of unsuspecting investors. Be sure to research any investment opportunity thoroughly and only invest in reputable platforms that have a proven track record.
- Diversify your portfolio: As with any investment, it’s important to diversify your portfolio to spread risk. Instead of putting all of your money into one cryptocurrency, consider investing in a variety of different coins and tokens to minimize the potential impact of any one investment.
- Keep an eye on regulations: Cryptocurrency regulations are constantly changing. And it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in your country or region. Keeping track of regulations and laws is important to be compliant. And also to know if a certain cryptocurrency banned or restricted in your area.
- Use a reputable exchange: When you’re ready to buy cryptocurrency, be sure to use a reputable exchange that has a proven track record of security and reliability. Look for exchanges that regulated, insured, and have a good reputation in the community. Personally, I spread my account on all CEX. Kucoin,Crypto.com,Gemini and Coinbase.. But recently I love using platforms like Moonpay.
- Keep your coins in a safe place: Once you’ve bought your cryptocurrency, it’s important to store it in a safe place, such as a hardware wallet. This will keep your coins secure and ensure that you have control over them at all times.
I recommend Ledger Nano X: https://shop.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-x
- Be prepared for volatility: Cryptocurrency markets are known for their volatility, so be prepared for the value of your investments to fluctuate. Be sure to set realistic expectations and be prepared for short-term market fluctuations.
- Stay informed: Keep track of the recent news and development in the crypto industry, keep track of the crypto project you invested in, and look out for any red flags.
Crypto Debit Card
Recently, we have received multiple queries concerning the crypto debit card. Can you explain to our audience how a cryptocurrency debit card works and how it is different from a traditional debit card?
I used wirex. Crypto.com also has. It depends on which side of the country you reside too.
Crypto debit cards allow users to spend their cryptocurrency as if it were traditional fiat currency. In Malaysia and Singapore, there are several options available for those looking to use a crypto debit card.
- Wirex: This UK-based company offers a crypto debit card that used in Malaysia and Singapore. Users can link their Wirex card to a variety of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum, and then use it to make purchases or withdraw cash at ATMs.
- Crypto.com: This Hong Kong-based company offers a crypto debit card that can be used in Malaysia and Singapore. The card can be linked to a variety of cryptocurrencies and is accepted by over 40 million merchants worldwide.
- Token.io: Token.io is a Singapore-based company that offers a crypto debit card that can be used in Malaysia and Singapore. The card can be linked to a variety of cryptocurrencies, and the company also offers a mobile app that allows users to track their transactions and manage their card settings.
There are a few key differences between crypto debit cards and traditional debit cards:
- One of the main differences that crypto debit cards may offer more flexibility in terms of the types of cryptocurrencies that can spent, whereas traditional debit cards typically limited to the fiat currency of the country in which they issued.
- Some crypto debit cards offer cashback rewards in form of cryptocurrency.
- Lastly, crypto debit card transactions may have different fees structure than traditional debit card transactions.
Overall, crypto debit cards offer a convenient way for users to spend their crypto holdings in the real world and can also be a good way to introduce more people to the world of cryptocurrency. It’s worth noting that, as these are crypto-based debit cards, their usage of them is limited by merchant acceptance and also there might be transaction fees and foreign currency conversion fees. Also, you should check the fees and regulations of the crypto debit card provider before using them, as they may vary.
Instagram 1: https://www.instagram.com/Cryptologicals_/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ
Instagram 2: https://www.instagram.com/cryptomimiofficial/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ